Captive Th reat!
Th e recent draft amendments by the Ministry of Power for group captive power has not gone well with the captive power players. The mendments are blessings in disguise for state distribution companies (DISCOMs), as it was on their complaints that the government has acted upon.
In Need of Back-Up!
In June 2018, the government has revised the targets for 2022 to increase the solar power capacity to 113 GW from the earlier set 100 GW. Th ough the industry has the capability to
meet this, it is fi ghting policy-level challenges.
• KN Sreevatsa, Head - Power Conversion and Electric Vehicle Infrastructure, ABB.
• Anurag Garg, Vice President, Solar and Energy Storage Business, Schneider Electric.
• Hemant Joshi, CEO, TMEIC.
• Shekhar Singal, Managing Director, Eastman Auto and Power.
• Sunil Badesra, Business Head, Sungrow.
• MR Rajesh, Director, Power-One Micro Systems.
REPORT – PLANT VISIT
Quality Pays Off !
Known for many fi rsts, the Gujarat Borosil is fully geared up to take advantage of the solar wave, by manufacturing world’s fi rst 2 mm fully tempered solar glass.
UJALA: LEDing To The Realm Of Energy Efficiency
India’s most ambitious LED distribution programme is redefining the way electricity is effi ciently consumed and an ecosystem for cost eff ective lighting products created
• Saurabh Kumar, Managing Director,Energy Effi ciency Services.
• Praveer Sinha, CEO & Managing Director,Tata Power Co.
• Rakesh Zutshi, President, Electric Lampand Component Manufacturers’ Association of India (ELCOMA) & Managing Director, Halonix Technologies.
• Sumit Padmakar Joshi, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Philips Lighting India.
A Change in the Offi ng!
Th e draft amendments for captive generation plants go a step beyond the 2016 amendments and, if notifi ed in the same form, will have far-reaching implications on the structure and operation of CGPs
“STMicroelectronics is focusing on smart driving and IoT”
Sapna Mongia, Head, Smart Grids and Metering, South Asia, Power & Discrete, STMicroelectronics
The industry is being redefi ned on an almost daily basis”
Michael Keroulle, Chief Commercial Offi cer, Steam Power Systems, GE.
“Only players with deep pockets can survive the RE business”
Animesh Damani, Managing Partner, Artha Energy Resources
Made in India: Havells Looks Beyond Electricals
More than a year after it acquired the consumer durables business of Lloyd Electric & Engineering, Havells has fi rmed up plans to expand its horizons. POWER TODAY takes an overview of the strategy of one of the country’s leading electricals players in also becoming a big boy of electronics.
FEATURE – MONOPOLES
A Cost Eff ective Proposition!
With states like Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Karnataka and Haryana embarking more on monopoles, the demand for this neglected industry is likely to witness an
POWER TODAY is an influential, well-read and respected magazine. Launched in 2008, it provides all the news and information from the Indian and global power generation, transmission & distribution sectors. Along with a comprehensive, in-depth and insightful analysis, Power Today brings to readers interviews with the who’s-who of the industry, policy analyses, project updates, statistic, technologies, features, key commercial developments and lots more.